Martin & Whitacre, Surveyors & Engineers has immediate openings for qualified personnel to enhance our team. We take pride in providing a safe, healthy, enjoyable workplace that promotes the professional development of all employees.
Employment opportunities are currently available in the following areas:
We have an immediate opening for a licensed civil engineer to serve as a Civil Project Lead. Work will include development of commercial, industrial and municipal civil projects from concept through construction phase. Work will include coordination and assistance with land surveying projects.
Projects will likely include:
- Commercial and Industrial Site development
- Municipal streets, utilities and recreational facilities
- Storm, sewer, water facility studies
- Campus Planning
- Railroad facilities
- Flood Studies, flood certifications, floodplain management
- Bathymetric, construction and topographic surveying analysis
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of civil engineering projects
- Cost estimating and quantity takeoffs
- Client and contractor interactions
- Preparation of specifications and bidding documents
- Construction engineering, inspection, testing and coordination
- Oversight of technical staff
- Iowa Civil PE license or ability to obtain via comity
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to design civil projects using Civil3D
- Experience developing projects through all phases
- Able to work well with and lead team members
- Knowledge of land surveying methods
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated and hardworking
Send Resume to: email@example.com
- Survey Crew Chief – Requires a minimum of five years experience supervising all types of survey projects, including boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, construction staking, bathymetric surveys, flood plain surveys and as-builts. GPS and basic Autocad knowledge required, Civil 3D and Leica equipment experience a plus.
- Land Survey Crew Member – Assists in all types of survey projects, including boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, construction staking, bathymetric surveys, flood plain surveys and as-builts. Surveying experience with GPS or total station and basic Autocad knowledge a plus.
- Civil/Survey EIT -We are seeking a civil/survey intern to assist with various field and office projects. Qualified candidates will have a degree in civil engineering, construction engineering, or a related field. Field experience preferred but not necessary. Position may be available for civil or construction engineering graduates seeking future career development. Work will be directed by licensed surveyors and engineers. Applicants must have clean driving record. Work will include:
-CAD Work in support of civil & surveying projects
-Field work to assist surveying operations
-Preparation of civil engineering documents
-Construction observation & inspection
- Civil/Survey Technician – Provides drafting assistance for civil & survey drawings including: plats of survey, topographic surveys, construction surveys, plans & profile sheets and site plans. Work will likely include limited field work to assist surveying and engineering projects. Applicants should have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in a engineering or construction technology field. Applicants will need to have experience with AutoCAD or Microstation with experience in Civil3D a plus. Position may be available for civil or construction engineering graduates seeking future career development. Work will be directed by licensed surveyors and engineers.
- Computer Support / IT – Monitors existing network and maintains all computer assets. Setup of new computer systems as needed. Backup and ensure data integrity of servers. Experience with Autocad, survey software and network licensing is helpful, but not required. Occasional field work may also be required to assist in survey data collection.
Minimum Requirements for Land Survey Positions:
- Clean Driving Record
- Must pass a mandatory Drug Test
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Ability to travel overnight for projects
We offer excellent growth potential and competitive wages with medical/dental insurance, 401K and bonus package.
Send your resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or Martin & Whitacre Surveyors & Engineers, Inc. at P.O. Box 413, Muscatine, IA 52761
If no openings are currently available, we will keep your information in our files for future openings.